Wednesday, December 11, 2013

(semi) Final Low-Poly AKS-74u Kobra model

This model was made as a part of a personal low-poly asset creation pipeline study.

The tape on the magazines was particulary fun to make.

I should probably fix smoothing groups in the bottom of the green plastic grip, as well as the terrible seam on the top of the receiver (it cannot be seen in the pictures above (on purpose >:3).
Also next time got to avoid excessive amount of UV seams on round shapes, like on the barrel in this case; and probably should use blocker mesh for Normal map baking to avoid overlapping.

The model consists of 5801 quads and uses 4096x4096 px resolution Diffuse, Specular and Normal maps.

The images were rendered in Marmoset Toolbag 2.0 real-time OpenGL (?) render engine.

Monday, December 9, 2013

Advanced Texturing Round #2


Sunday, December 8, 2013

Advanced Texturing

I came up with a new advanced texturing pipeline that exponentionally saves time on texturing.
The model below is an AK-74u. I am not really a "gun person", but they usually have decent amount of texture on them and I've never modelled one before.

The model consists of 3495 quads.
Both of the pictures are rendered real-time in Blender 3D viewport.

And here's one of the 5 texture maps

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Advanced Landscaping

Created in World Machine, Blender, Photoshop and Cry Engine 3.

Note that images are rendered real-time in a game-engine and not in a ray-tracing render engine as my usual artwork is.

Space Backplate

Backplate for a potential animation project.
Created in Blender 3D and Adobe After Effects. Credits for textures goes to NASA and Yale University.
I suspect that I should have added more grain to the YouTube version of the video to prevent that terrible banding issue, that comes when you upload videos to it.

Tuesday, November 26, 2013


I think I may be slowly turning into JJ Abrams due to my unhealthy obsession over lens-effects.
Note to self: cut the lens effects next time.

Textures: courtesy of NASA and Yale University.

I used total of 5 textures, arranged in layers to simulate realistic composition and behaviour of earth (both day and night), water (specularity), clouds and atmosphere.

Han Shot First!

Print quality typography poster created for Animations and Graphics Design course. Not to brag, but I think the grade will be on the upper side of the scaling system. Sunk more time in it, than I should have. No regrets.

Typography contains text from the "Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope" script.

Please, view in high resolution here to appreciate fine-grain detail in all it's majestic glory.

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Lightsaber Hilt

Done in Blender Cycles with experimental texturing method.

Monday, June 3, 2013

Update on Lamborghini Countach


Sunday, January 6, 2013

Lamborghini Countach

Greetings! I decided to bring back some life to this place by sharing my progress on latest project. I couldn't say that I am a big fan of Lamborghini Countach , but still it has some of that retro-iconic vibe into it that I fancy a lot. Render took about 20 minutes. I even modeled major parts of the engine block, exhaust systems and even brake/suspension systems. It is still too early to call it finished, but I am near to it. Rendered in Cycles with 3000 samples, and 8 Clamp